Sunday, February 8, 2009

Postcard 1. Based on article ''the secrets of travel writing"

Postcard 1
Based on the article ‘the secrets of travel writing’ used in class.

Dear Rosalie,

Again, another postcard from a different country. After leaving France, I continued my journey and went to Italy. I have been in Italy for 2 weeks now. I am planning to visit all the famous cities and areas of Italy, so far it all looks absolutely wonderful! How have you been lately? Are you still working as a teacher? I am very happy to not be teaching for a while and exploring countries and not the least important; myself. So far I have already seen beautiful things in Italy. The first city (town) I went to see was Venice. As you know, Venice is known as one of the most special cities because of its gondolas, warm weather, passionate people and water all around. I was quite prejudiced since I thought that Venice had probably always been romanticized by everyone, but I couldn’t be more wrong. The first moment I layed my eyes on this city, I was convinced. I very much enjoyed everything that this city has to offer.
It was extremely hot. The Italian people were very hospitable and I enjoyed being able to just sit down and put my feet in the water when I wanted to. Meanwhile, I met a guy who was also travelling by himself, so we decided to explore the city together. After visiting Venice, I was wondering what Verona would be like so going there was my next goal. As Verona has the famous balcony that ‘Julliet’ stood on, (Verona is known as the city of ‘Romeo & Julliet’).
Verona also had a great impact on me, what a great city with pretty sights. The next thing I am going to do is take a break for a couple of days. I haven’t even gone to the beach yet, which is a waste, don’t you think? The beach is close to where I am staying so I am planning to go sunbathing and swimming the next few days. After that I will head to Florence, right in the middle of Italy. It seems to be one of thé most beautiful and special places in the world.
I am looking forward to going there, we’ll see, I promiss to send you a postcard from Florence!

Love,

Lonneke

No comments:

Post a Comment