Sunday, February 22, 2009

Postcard 2 based on Rosalie's article

Dear Rosalie,

Another postcard, this time it is sent from Bulgaria. I just had one of the worst days of my life. I had to travel for a whole day, by myself. First, I was in Sofia, the capital city of Bulgaria. I stayed there for about two weeks, visited some friends I had met earlier and then decided to continue my journey. I wanted to go to Nesebar, a very famous and old town at the coast of Bulgaria. As I was trying to figure out how to get to Nesebar from Sofia, I noticed someone was touching my bag. I turned around and I saw that a little boy had stolen my wallet. I started shouting ‘Help!!’ but nobody paid attention. I ran after him and tried to get him, but he was just too fast. There was one problem: the wallet had my creditcard in it. Luckily I kept all my other money somewhere else. I went to the police station to report that my wallet was stolen, but I can’t say they were very helpful. They told me to find a hotel, and they would ‘deal with my problem’ later, within a couple of days. I was furious, but what was I supposed to do? After a couple of days my creditcard was found back. The little boy was caught and my creditcard was found back. The little boy turned out to be a wanderer. Even though he should not have stolen my wallet, I did feel sorry for him in some way. Thank god, I was able to head towards Nesebar! I went there by bus. My goodness, I don’t know how easily Bulgarian busdrivers get their license, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t have a license at all! The bus drivers drove about 100 miles an hour and kept on talking to the person sitting behind him. I was scared to death and was not able to relax for one minute! Luckily, I arrived in Nesebar savely. This is my third day in Nesebar. So far I have seen many pretty things already. It all seems a lot smaller and friendlier than Sofia. I am planning to stay here for about a week, and then head towards Sozopol, an even smaller town about an hour from Nesebar. I will make sure I send you a postcard from Sozopol!

Love,

Lonneke

No comments:

Post a Comment