Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Postcard 5, based on presentation by Petra

Dear Menno,

Another postcard from a foreign country. I have been in Curacoa since last Friday, and I have to say that I am truly enjoying myself over here. I very much enjoy the warm weather, the white beaches, the bright sea and the friendly people. I am also enjoying the seafood! There was just one bad thing that happened to me…I decided to start a diving course, since I had never learned how to dive before. The first day I started the course, things were taken easily. The guides told us all kinds of things about the equipment we were going to use and that was it. The second day the guides gave us information about the dangerous fish we should stay away from. There were so many fish, I simply wasn’t able to remember all the fish but I figured I would be fine. On the third day we were finally allowed to start diving. I went along with some girl who turned out to be very scared, so I tried to calm her down and I told her that she had nothing to worry about. As we got into the water, I noticed that I felt something swimming close to my legs. I decided to take a quick look and I noticed there was some kind of huge fish swimming against my leg and it bit me in the foot! I decided not to scream since I did not want to scare the other girl. As I went out and looked down, I noticed that the fish bit off a small piece of my toe. I almost fainted and that was when one of the guides rushed towards me. He took me to hospital and now I am doing pretty well. I have to wait for another two days and then I will be able to start swimming again. Please: don’t ever start a diving course!! You will hear from me soon, I will keep you posted!

Love,

Lonneke

No comments:

Post a Comment