Monday, March 23, 2009

Postcard 8. Based on article by Menno: Vail Story, Colorado

Dear Menno,

How have you been lately? I am not doing very well. I spent the last few days in Colorado
and I wish I was home at this moment. I have been ill since the second day I arrived in Colorado. On the first day I had dinner at some cheap restaurant and I have been having stomach problems ever since. I went to the doctor on the second day, but he wasn’t able to help me since he thinks I caught some kind of virus. I am feeling exhausted and angry at the same time because I can tell that the surroundings are extremely beautiful. I wish I was able to enjoy and explore the pretty views over here. The main thing that I have been doing the last couple of days, is writing postcards. I feel quite lonely since there is nobody to look after me while I am sick. I have to say that I am starting to feel better, compared to the first few days.
I hope I will be able to start exploring within a couple of days. Tomorrow I will have to visit the doctor again and see what he can do. I suppose I will be alright. So, what have you been up to lately? Have you graduated yet? I remember you trying to make sure you could graduate when you left. Have you managed already? I hope you are doing well. Maybe you could come and visit me once you have graduated? I would really like that. I could show you around and we could go sightseeing. And how is your girlfriend doing? Are you still planning to live together? I hope you two are doing well! I think I will start looking for a job as soon as I am feeling better. I ran out of money since I haven’t been working for quite a while. I am going to sleep now, cause it suppose that will make me feel better again. It would love to hear from you. I did send you my address, right?

Love,

Lonneke

No comments:

Post a Comment